Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Long time no see!

Happy New Year! 

It's been a while since I've had a minute to sit down and blog, much less work on anything other than Christmas gifts.  So, I'm going to catch you guys up on what's up around here...

First with the WIP(s).

I've been working on a few patterns.

Bow Tie Required - I actually downloaded her pattern and have been working from that.  My blocks were modified to be a bit smaller. :) I'm doing yellows, purples, and black for my blocks as well, rather than the teal and red. 

Here is my new baby.  My sweet husband picked her up for my Christmas present.  On top you can see the fabrics I chose for my next quilt..  I can't finish a project before I've started thinking of my next one!  I'm going to make the Bursting with Blooms quilt from the Feb 2014 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting (I might have already started cutting pieces for the appliques).  Again modified to be black instead of the cream print. That is such a beautiful quilt!

I LOVE my new Elna, the throat is so wide... I FMQ'd a queen sized quilt with NO PROBLEM over the holidays.. I can't wait to work on something for me. :)

Now I want to share some HUGE news with you: I'm going to Impfondo, Republic of Congo in March with Mercy Ships on Field Service (a missions outreach).  This is not my photo, so I take no credit.  But I will be sure to post plenty when I return. 

Last weekend I went to the opening reception for the first gallery showing that I have works in:  Light/Dark. I don't think there are any photos from the event, they don't like cameras inside the gallery, which I'm appreciative of.  The next exhibit is a fiber arts exhibit!!  I'm really excited about that.

Thanks for reading!
Cassie

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday - oh wait, I already linked to her =D

3 comments:

  1. Wow I had just saw a news article recently about the Mercy Ships. Good for you! Wonderful thing you are doing in your life. Can you take your stitching with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,

      Yes, I'll be able to take along some small projects, though I think I'll just bring some crochet/knitting projects to work on with a friend once I reach the ship.. I'm really hoping to pick up some local fabrics while I'm there!

      If you don't mind my asking, where did you see the article on Mercy Ships? I work at their international operations center in Texas, we're always interested to hear where we're getting air time! :)

      Thanks for commenting!
      Cassie

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic Christmas present!!!! Have fun on your mission trip---be blessed and may you be a blessing to others!!

    ReplyDelete